Dubai Silicon Oasis | 5 Things To Note Before Choosing DSO
Dubai Silicon Oasis: Overview, location, activities allowed, license types, legal structure & benefits
Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO): This free zone is focused on attracting electronics related businesses.
It is expected to support the entire electronic industry’s value chain. As in all Dubai you can expect outstanding infrastructure and access to capital from the local banks.
You are also allowed to import your technical talent from any country in the world.
Electronic companies engaged in Fabless IC Design, Semiconductor Manufacturing, Test and Assembly as well as Electronic Manufacturing Systems (EMS) are especially welcomed to the Dubai Silicon Oasis Free Zone.
Dubai Silicon Oasis is part of the Dubai Airport Free Zone Authority (DAFZA).
1. Dubai Silicon Oasis: Location
It is located on E311, less than 30 minutes from Dubai Airport, Sharjah, Burj Khalifa and other business districts. It was launched in 2004 on a 600 hectare site.
Residential accommodation is available in abundance.
You can view its location by clicking here
2. Dubai Silicon Oasis: Types of Activities Allowed
- General activities
- Information technology
- Telecommunications equipment
- Electronic, computer hardware
- Software development & solutions
- Consultancy & business development
- Electrical appliances & equipment
- Engineering related to technology
- IT Security
- Talent development and recruitment
- IC design
- EDA tools
- IP protection
- IT services
3. Dubai Silicon Oasis: Types of Licenses
- Service License: Allows the registered entity to carry out only specified services.
- Industrial License: Allows the registered entity to import raw material, manufacture, and process, assemble, package and export the finished product.
- Trade License: Allows the registered entity to import, export, and distributes the items specified in the license.
Your company must be registered with the Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority in order to carry out your business from there.
4. Dubai Silicon Oasis: Legal Company Structure
- Branch: 100% owned by another company which could be registered in the UAE or else where
- Free Zone Establishment (FZE): Generally an FZE suffix is given to a company only if it has a single share holder
- Free Zone Company (FZCO): If your company has multiple share holders the suffix will be FZCO
5. Dubai Silicon Oasis: Free Zone Benefits
- 100% ownership
- Zero personal income tax
- Zero corporate tax
- 100% repatriation of capital
- No import or export tax
- Low cost of operation
- Stringent Intellectual Property (IP) law and support
- Subsidized Electronic Design Automation (EDA) tools
- Subsidized lease rates for high-tech companies
- State of art IT infrastructure
- On-site IT support
- Microelectronics lab
- Business friendly one-stop-shop
- Plug and play office space
- Highly secured and state-of-the-art data center
Does the content of this page about Dubai Silicon Oasis resonate with you? If yes, please share it with your friends using one of the social media buttons or start a dialogue with us below.