Sharjah Airport Free Zone | World’s 1st ISO 9001 Certified Airport Free Zone
Sharjah Airport Free Zone : A Leading Cargo Hub
Sharjah Airport Free Zone (SAIF-Zone) and the Airport have been instrumental in helping Sharjah’s economy scale new peaks. Sharjah Airport Free Zone is the fastest growing airport free zone in the region, while the international airport has gained an enviable reputation as a leading cargo hub
Speed, reliability and cost-effectiveness have been the cornerstones of Sharjah’s industrial policy. A stable government, proactive policies, solid industrial base and an attractive incentives package have drawn a very high proportion of foreign investments into Sharjah in recent years.
Easily accessible to seaports on the Gulf of Oman (Port Khor Fakkan) and the Arabian Gulf (Port Khalid), Sharjah Airport Free Zone is built adjacent to the Sharjah International Airport.
With features as unique as these, it is little wonder that Sharjah Airport Free Zone has registered phenomenal growth since its inception in 1995. With over 1090 companies operating out of it.
With the distinction of being the world’s first ISO 9001 certified Airport Free Zone, Sharjah Airport Free Zone has a highly developed infrastructure, providing state of the art services. It is ideally located in the vicinity of Sharjah City, adjacent to Sharjah International Airport.
Its close proximity to major UAE Airports and Seaports on the East Coast (Arabian Gulf) and 120 kms to the West Coast (Indian Ocean) of the UAE is a vital strategic advantage especially for export, import and industrial establishments. Sharjah Airport Free Zone is situated near the Sharjah International Airport.
Sharjah Airport Free Zone | Providing State of the Art Services
Investors can avail different types of licenses in order to do business in the Sharjah Airport Free Zone:
• Industrial License Allows the investor to import raw material, manufacture, and process, assemble, package and export the finished product. (Subject to clearance from SAIF-Zone Health & Environment Dept.)
• Commercial License Allows the investor to import, export, distribute, consolidate and store items specified in the license. There is a maximum limit of three similar product lines.
• General Trading License As the name suggests, a large number of products fall within its ambit. This type of license can be obtained under the commercial license.
• Service License Allows the investor to carry out only specified services. (Unless restricted by the federal or local authorities, all types of services are allowed within the SAIF-Zone)
Sharjah Airport Free Zone Features
- 100% foreign ownership
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits
- 100% exemption from income and corporate taxes
- License issued within 24 hours
- On site labor accommodation
- Sponsorship and visa’s for all staff
- Access to over 2 billion customers Strategic location
- 24 hour hotline for equipment and provision of labor
- Global and regional communications with excellent air, land and sea links Simplified procedures Back up services provided by the Sharjah Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Sharjah Expo
- Competitive structure of fee, property and management
- 4 X 7 Operations
Sharjah Airport Free Zone offers its patrons extremely attractive incentives. Geographically well positioned with excellent land, sea and air links to the rest of the world, Sharjah Airport Free
Zone is a dream comes true for the businessman.
Modern premises, equipped with the latest facilities and a secure environment ensures maximum returns for the investor.
Recognized as the Cultural Capital of the Arab World, Sharjah is an exceptionally warm and friendly city, offering an upscale life-style and world-class leisure facilities.
The Emirate boasts of the latest amenities that any modern city offers but simultaneously retains. Its rich cultural heritage and traditional values. Recognizing these special qualities, UNESCO awarded Sharjah the prestigious Avienna Gold Medal for 1998.
Despite the high quality of life, the cost of living index is very attractive. The social infrastructure in terms of parks, green belts and wide boulevards as well as healthcare and educational facilities are excellent, especially the University City with its vast campuses of the American and Sharjah Universities.